Court papers

You are here: Louisiana Law Forums Louisiana Family Law Court papers

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      allen71457
      Participant

I am currently looking to move just out of the school zone,for the school my daughter attends.My court papers state that my child is remain in that  certain elementry school.So,no matter what the school board says,My child is to remain in that particular school?

allen71457
      Participant

The reason I ask is because I would like for her to keep attending the same school she is ordered to remain in..

Lex
      Participant

This isn't so much a legal question as a school board policy question regarding whether they will honor the Judgment under these circumstances. The answer may very well be that in making the decision to move, you have will be making the change, not them.Does not hurt to ask them, however.

3kidsmom
      Participant

From my experience with LA schools, they will probably let her stay, if it is a low-demand (ie low rated) school. If it is a high-rated school, she won't have any more priority than anyone else does.The court order is for YOU, for YOU to keep her in the same school. It is not for the school system to allow her to remain in a school outside of her district. That's a fine but really important line.The school doesn't have to help you follow the order. They just have to let your daughter go to school there, as long as she stays inside their boundaries. How will the jduge look at this? The judge will ask why you deliberately moved to a different school's area. So think carefully. First ask the school if she can stay. If not, ask the judge if you can move. DON'T move without taking care of this business.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.