Workers Comp

You are here: Louisiana Law Forums General Louisiana Law Workers Comp

Tagged: 

• Author

Crawdaddy
    Participant

I was injured on the job in 1993 and went back to work until 2000 when I was no longer able to work because of the injury. During that time the employer sent me to at least 7 different doctors trying to get me rehabilitated. I was awarded Permanent Total Disability in 2000 and also receive SSD. The employer sent me to their doctor in 2006 and 2008 and the doctor said I would never be able to return to work.

Now, out of the blue the employer and insurance company wants me to go see a physical rehab doctor, 16 years after I had to stop working (and 23 years after the injury) because of my injury.

Since I’ve seen all these doctors, am I required to go to this other doctor? Seems like they should have tried to help me more the last 16 years.

Thank you,
    Frustrated Injured Worker

Lex
    Keymaster

They always have the right to re-evaluate a case, especially if something new has come up -like new medical procedures.

Of course, it has to be reasonable. In this case, from what you describe, it could be reasonable. This is a situation where you need to consult an experienced workers’ comp lawyer to she what he/she thinks about it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.