Tenant breaks lease, moves out, left appliances, threatening to damage house

You are here: Louisiana Law Forums Louisiana Real Estate Law Tenant breaks lease, moves out, left appliances, threatening to damage house

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      kiterunner62
      Participant

I did post a question on this. THis is a new development. THe tenant that moved out, broke a lease and left appliances. She left no forwarding address. She stated she would leave the stove and refrigerator. She also left washer-dryer. She gave no notice for the move. She said, moving because someone broke in her door. However, no police report was filed. She had been having on-going boyfriend problems. It’s been about a month. Technically she owes the rent until the unit is rented. A rental ad is posted. The washer-dryer is in the unit. She now sent a threatening text that “we were going to have to fix that house again before tenants move in and that’s a promise.

I did file a police report on this threat. I have the printed text. I did inform her that technically she owes the rent until the unit is rented. If she pays the rent, she can have the washer -dryer. If i rent, I am going to have to move the washer dryer and store it, until i know what to do with it.

I would appreciate some advice on how to handle this event.
      thanks.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.