Question about apartment and eviction

You are here: Louisiana Law Forums Louisiana Real Estate Law Question about apartment and eviction

• Author

jaredjay9794
    Participant

Okay, I’m having a little bit of trouble. I’m currently living in a apartment complex that my work paid for. They signed the lease but we are the residents here for about 7 months. I lost my job due to some problems in my life and my job said that I have until Thursday to move out of my apartment. My question is can they legally and physically make me leave in that time-span ? Or would I have to be evicted since it’s been my residence and have received mail, ect here for over 6 months?

Gibson39501
    Participant

Are u listed as residing there on the lease?

Did u sign anything with your company?

Even roommate situations require a legally filed notice of eviction. If it wasn’t served by the sheriff it’s not actually a true legal eviction if I understand things. As landlords ppl often send a 5 day notice to vacate and if the tenants doesn’t leave we are required to file a true eviction notice. Depending on any agreement with your employer such as if they owed u monies they could possibly withhold that pay. You could get it back through legal channels but hassle. Surely the paid the rent for June???

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.