property donation

You are here: Louisiana Law Forums Louisiana Real Estate Law property donation

Tagged: 

• Author

autry555
    Participant

my sister has papers saying my parents donated their home to her my parents say thats not true my parents still live in the home what type of motion can me any my other 5 siblings file in civil court to stop my sister from doing anything futher with my parents house until this dispute is heard by a court its something fishy about this whole situation

Lex
    Keymaster

What exactly are the “papers” that made the donation?

An Act of Donation with notary and two witnesses, or something else?

autry555
    Participant

mr lex the paper for the donation are with a notary and witness,but my lex my father cant read or write but he said he did not sign any paper with the understanding of donation his house to my sister

autry555
    Participant

what can me and my siblings do to stop this until heard by a judge

Lex
    Keymaster

I think at this point you need to see a lawyer.

There are several points of complexity -one being the fact your father cannot read or write.

A lawyer needs to examine the original document to see what should be done and to see what time limits you might be facing. The original document may or may not be filed in the parish where he is domiciled or the parish where the property is located if it is in a different parish.

You could save some time and money by going to your parish clerk of court and seeing if it is filed. They can search for it just based on the names involved. They can then make a copy for you.

This could be an easy and relatively inexpensive visit if you are prepared and can provide the lawyer with the document(s) in question.

autry555
    Participant

mr lex i have aquried all the papers in reguards to the property donation in webster parish is this a case you can help me with?

Lex
    Keymaster

Sorry, I totally missed this last post.

These days I only do estate planning and succession/probate work.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.