Notice of Intent to Apply for Writs to First Circuit Court of Appeal

You are here: Louisiana Law Forums Louisiana Family Law Notice of Intent to Apply for Writs to First Circuit Court of Appeal

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Patrick RU
      Participant

I need some quick advice if possible. I was found guilty of a misdemeanor on Oct 16th I had a court appointed attorney that I just dint think did a good job. The charge was domestic abuse. Without going into great detail me an my wife got into a argument, She was recently out of drug rehab for like 3 days. We filled her meds an she took a anxiety pill that sent her in a very bad way. I was trying to get pills from her cause I knew something was wrong an the law came an charged me cause I ripped bag from around her arm. Thats where the pills were. In Court my wife testified that she didn’t remember what happen but that she was under the influence an didn’t wake up with no scars pain or anything. I appealed the judgement an I need to file a Notice of Intent to Apply for Writs to First Circuit Court of Appeal an I got till Wednesday to do so. I do not have the money for attorney an need direction to where I can get the form to fill out an get to clerk of court by Wednesday. Please help.

Lex
      Keymaster

There is not a form, per se.

It is more a process that involves, among other things, putting up a hefty amount of money to cover the transcription of the trial court hearing.

I would suggest seeking legal aid through whatever Bar or legal aid society is active in your parish. Try go through Google on this and good luck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.