HiS lawyer called me! Help Lex!

You are here: Louisiana Law Forums Louisiana Family Law HiS lawyer called me! Help Lex!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      summer59
      Participant

I just got a call from my estranged husband's lawyer's office, wanting me to come in tomorrow.  An appointment is set for 11:30 AM.  At first the woman on the phone said she wanted me to "answer a couple of questions," then said she wanted me to sign a Wavier of Service.  She didn't mention what the questions are about.  Frankly I have no earthly idea what the attorney could want to ask me but I do know one thing for certain - I will ONLY sign the Wavier of Service and then ONLY after I read the entire thing.Court date is still on for March 23.Any advice for me before I go?  Can't thank you enough!!! Sum

Lex
      Participant

Yeah -ask them to provide you a certified copy of the judgment. That will take care of the problem you had with how to get a copy.As for questions, that is a bit weird. There are no children involved, right?

summer59
      Participant

No children, nothing whatsoever.  Prenup took care of everything.  Besides, we each had our own homes prior to marriage, each of us were self-supporting.  Hmmm, why did I marry him anyway?!  Thank for suggesting I ask for a certified copy of the divorce. Thanks for everything!Sum

Lex
      Participant

I presume by now you had the meeting.What sort of questions did they have?

summer59
      Participant

Actually she only asked if I wanted her to notarize the wavier which I was about to sign.  She was extremely pleasant and we just chatted a while.  I then corrected an error hubby made on dates.  Since it was only a matter of 5 days (he listed June 26 as separation date and it was the 21st), she asked if I had any objection.  I said, "Are you kidding?!!!").  She laughed.She offered to mail me a certified copy of the judgement.  I didn't have to ask her.  I told her I planned on being there, thanked her and said I'd pick one up.  She had already told me it would be ready at that time.Whoopee!  It's almost over!I can't thank you enough Lex!  You've been a real support and I do appreciate it very, very much!Sum

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.