Conflict of Interest

You are here: Louisiana Law Forums Louisiana Family Law Conflict of Interest

• Author

sam
    Participant

I was not married at the time and was summons to court by ex girlfriend over paternity. I hire an attorney to represent me. Two children are involved. The second child was born after we broke up, my ex wouldn’t let me see the kids, so before I went to court I have never laid eyes on the baby girl. I wanted to see them so when I appeared in court I agreed to child support. My first visit was supervised so the first time I seen the baby was during this visit and clearly could tell the baby was not the same race as me.
    I was able to talk with my attorney and told him I didn’t want to sign the agreement I didn’t feel the child was mine. He told me he needed an additional 1500.00 and I told him I didn’t have it, I assumed if I didn’t sign the agreement at some point the judge would ask my why I choose not to and I would explain my situation. I never got the chance to do that as my attorney forged my name on the agreement papers. Is this a legal process and it the ruling still valid. Thank you legal troubles

Bassmaster
    Participant

Couple of questions:

1) When was the agreement signed?
    2) Was the signature obviously not yours? In other words, did it not look at all like your signature?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.